THE BLOG HAS MOVED

Please see the post below. Melissa Corcoran Photography Blog has moved!

We are now at

www.melissacorcoranphoto.com/blog

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fashion Friday..... welcome to the world of Etsy

Ok, so I know it's been a few weeks since my last Fashion Friday. But this one was worth the wait, I promise. If you haven't discovered Etsy, you don't know what you have been missing. Etsy is a bit like Ebay, except everything for sale is handmade by the seller. It is FABULOUS! Not only are you supporting people who are making these goods out of their homes, but everything I have purchased has been outstanding quality. And it's not just clothes, Etsy has everything handmade you can think of! Go check it out. click here for Etsy

I dressed Maddy in some of her wonderful Etsy pieces and took her out in our backyard for a little mini shoot. I just love the layering in this outfit. When dressing your little ones, think layers and textures. This outfit has velvet pants, a sweet cotton pillowcase dress and a handknit cable knit sweater coat - all from Etsy.

Here are some of my favorite Etsy sellers. But there are so many more! Search for things like vintage, boutique, retro and you will see. :)

Tickled Pink Girls {Maddy's velvet ruffle pants}

Boutique Mia {pillow case dress}

Little Sweetie Boutique

Humblebea's

3 lil muses






Happy Shopping!

3 comments:

  1. Love the picks for this week! Esty is the best!! You have introduced me to Esty and now I am addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love your work! It makes me feel so peaceful to look at your portraits!
    I've only got suggestion; even though your pics need to be clean and bright I think the bluring in the skin makes them look a bit artificial you know? like the soft-focus oldschool lenses made the pics look. And I think that part of what makes your photography so beautiful is the reality of it.
    I mean no offense, honestly.
    The 2nd pic from bottom to top is my favorite, what a lovely momment!
    Regards, Cedric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sooo happy you like your ruffles!

    ReplyDelete